Tuesday, December 16, 2008

T-Shirt Design -Meet Uncle Hussain (2007)



I did this as a favour for one of the biggest bands in Malaysia in 2007. They asked me if I could design a t-shirt for them & I agreed to do it.

This design was based on one of their hit songs called "Pari-pari Di Bawah Angin" which is somehow related to a fairy or a girl. I came up with an idea of a kinky headless fairy sitting on an old TV and played around with the text and band name. The fairy was actually a photo of my ex girlfriend which I then turned it into an illustration. I found it cool to have an image of a fairy with the band's song title as the head and the TV as a medium to project the band's name.

I also did another option whereby the image of the fairy has been duplicated inside the TV and it was repeated a few times until the image turned really small. This was to represent pop art as the band sounds more to the indie pop/rock genre.

The band liked the idea & concept but somehow it didn't work out due to some finacial matters.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle this is cool design. This is much better than so called indie clothing. Nice fonts. Who's that lucky girl? U vectored her from a real photo? Kinky ar uncle.. :)

    ReplyDelete